Thursday, December 28, 2023

In 2024: Support Us on Ko-Fi and get Fundraiser Posts!

 


I've always said it would be a hard thing to do to "monetize" Uncanny X-Cerpts. I do what I do as a hobby, a public service, and for a little bit of attention. It would be wrong to hide any of the main X-Men story behind a paywall or to ask for donations without offering anything in return. I also am dedicated to remaining ad free.

Without giving too much away, however, I do have some serious personal expenses coming up. I don't expect that this blog could fill in the gaps all the way, but I have some of your attention and I really want to try.

That's why I'm introducing Fundraiser Posts. For anyone willing to provide a Monthly Donation on Ko-Fi, you'll get access to a little bit of extra content every month. I can't promise how much, but I will try hard to give you something worthwhile in exchange for your generous support.

Consider it a modest relaunch of our old Patreon -- for any amount given, you get extras from Uncanny X-Cerpts -- give a monthly donation for permanent access or a one-time donation for 30-day access. Sounds like a bargain to me!

I'm also always open to commissioned posts (outside of the regular Uncanny and X-Men series as long as they're on Marvel Unlimited) for extra donations -- feel free to reach out to inquire.

Fundraiser posts start in January. Our first one covers The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix, the mini-series that details what Scott and Jean got up to on their honeymoon and how it relates to the upbringing of little baby Nate. Don't miss it on Jan 3 at Ko-Fi!

No comments:

Post a Comment